Scheduled to arrive this Thursday, October 27, 2011 (by inducement), we are looking forward to discovering how our great God is going to answer all the prayers and petitions that have gone up on behalf of little Tikvah Hadassah Kirkland.
Specifically, these are some things we have been praying for:
1) God would uphold the health of mother-and-child during labor so that Tikvah might be born “naturally” (without the need of a cesarean).
2) There would be no additional health complications during labor/delivery.
3) God would bring the right team of doctors together to address Tikvah’s needs following her delivery.
4) God would give the doctors wisdom to determine exactly when it would be the optimal time to schedule the surgery.
1) God would begin (even now) to prepare each member of the surgical team for the surgery they will be performing on Tikvah (i.e. providing them things like appropriate research, information, experience, adequate rest, heightened awareness, ability to focus, etc.).
2) Clarity and communication among the members of the surgical team before and during the surgery.
3) The heart-bypass machine transfer goes smoothly.
4) Steady hands for the surgeon.
5) Connection of pulmonary arteries is straight-forward. (Apparently, this is one of the most crucial aspects of the entire surgery.)
6) Wisdom for the team of anesthesiologists in responding to any potential “surprises” during the surgery.
7) God would fuse all of the new placement of Tikvah’s arteries and not allow for any leaks.
If you would like to join us in prayer, we will be sure to post how God answers these prayers so that you can rejoice along with us in our God’s great goodness!