Well, its that time of year again: Winter Retreat time! We are headed to the mountains of southern California for a weekend of prayer, preaching and playing!
Every winter we make it a point to take our Youth Group away from the comforts and familiarity of their home environment to enjoy a weekend centered on our Lord, Jesus Christ. This year, we are headed up to a lodge in Big Bear, CA, where my husband will preach a 5-part series entitled, “Let there be Light!” (To view the promotional video — filmed, edited, and scored by one of our college students — click here.) The sermon titles are as follows:
1) Romans 3:10-20 – You are Radically Sinful!
2) Romans 9:1-33 – God Sovereignly Elected You for Salvation!
3) John 10:11 – Jesus Died and Actually Accomplished Salvation for His Own!
4) John 6:41-51 – God’s Call for Salvation is Effectual and Irresistible!
5) Romans 8:1-38 – God Sovereignly Preserves You as You Persevere Until the End!
His entire series will focus on God’s grace in salvation. Please join us in prayer for the following:
1) Our foremost prayer is that God might work by His Spirit through the proclamation of His Word to glorify and magnify Himself.
2) If there are any in the Youth Group who do not know Jesus Christ as their Lord and their Savior, then join us in praying that God would be pleased to bring them to salvation this very weekend … today may be their day of salvation!!!
3) If there are any in the Youth Group who have not truly humbled themselves and bowed the knee in submission to Christ’s Lordship in all areas of life, then please pray that God would break them of their pride this weekend.
4) For those who know Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, please pray that God would draw them closer to Himself and strengthen their walk with Him.
5) Please pray that God would strengthen the bonds of unity and love between all of His children in attendance this weekend.
6) Please pray for the health and safety of all who attend.
7) Please pray that God might be pleased to use the Youth Group members as witnesses to their unsaved family members upon their return home.
We would be eternally grateful for your thoughts and prayers during this long weekend away. May God be glorified!
“For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes …” – Romans 1.16.a