The attached sermon is a MUST-see for anyone interested in learning about the validity of the claims of the Christian Bible. During the recent Ligonier Conference 2010, Pastor Steve Lawson delivered this masterful sermon on 2 Timothy 3.16 (the verse from which this blog derived its name) and develop the following list of 10 reasons to believe that the Christian Bible is the Word of the one, true, and living God:
- The direct claims of the Bible (2 Timothy 3.16; 2 Peter 1.21).
- The perfect unity of the Bible.
- The reliable transmission of the Bible.
- The historical accuracy of the Bible.
- The scientific accuracy of the Bible.
- The prophetic accuracy of the Bible.
- Jesus Christ’s testimony about the Bible.
- The amazing indestructibility of the Bible.
- The ethical superiority of the Bible.
- The supernatural power of the Bible.
Please don’t just settle for the replication of the list here. If you are at all interested in discovering whether or not the Bible is “just another book,” then please take a few moments to listen to the entire contents of the sermon. I promise that it will leave you with much to consider!